For over 20 years as a marriage counselor, psychotherapist and author with offices in midtown Manhattan and Westchester, I have helped New Yorkers transform their relationships, heal from loss, and rediscover their natural energy, gifts, and joy.
Here in New York it is a joy and a privilege to provide marriage counseling and individual psychotherapy to people from across the country and around the world. I work with men and women who seek to be as successful in their personal lives as they are in their careers. They tell me that in the midst of the busy week our sessions offer a supportive, thoughtful opportunity get in touch with their best self and discover a new balance in life
Maybe you’re hoping to revive a stale marriage, recover from an affair, or find a better way to deal with conflict. Whether you are struggling with infidelity, lack of intimacy, anxiety, stress, grief, depression, a creative block, anger, divorce or another life transition, or you would like to feel more confident and effective in your career, I will bring my experience, creativity and energy to helping you reach your goals. New Yorkers value excellence, and in my work with you I will draw from the best research available on what helps marriages, relationships and individuals thrive.
Each person or couple seeking therapy is unique. That’s why I don’t offer cookie-cutter solutions. People tell me I’m easy to talk to. Our work together is respectful, constructive, and creative. I help you build on your strengths and discover the potential in your most vulnerable, tender self. My approach draws on the latest research as well as time-honored, intuitive wisdom…a blend of the science and art of personal growth.
Research tells us that active therapists get the best results. In our sessions you’ll get tools and insights to help you create the life and relationships you want. You’ll learn how to be calm, effective and even creative under stress. You’ll discover how to bring new life into your relationship. Through intelligent, engaging conversation filled with practical information, honest reflection, down-to-earth stories and even humor, you will discover your own natural capacity to tackle life’s challenges.
Want to learn more?
- Learn more about individual psychotherapy;
- Find out how couples or marriage counseling can help your relationship thrive;
- Get details on my private, customized approach to premarital counseling;
- If you’re considering divorce, learn how discernment counseling can help you make an informed decision.
- Discover how you can tackle workplace or career challenges in a setting uniquely tailored to your needs and talents.
- Read my blog and get regular posts by subscribing to my Real-Life Relationship Repairs newsletter at the right of your screen;
- See my books and articles for new perspectives on marriage, relationships, psychotherapy, depression, divorce, midlife and more.